If you are having yard sale, you must obtain a Yard Sale Permit from the Board of Selectmen’s Office.
How do you obtain a yard sale permit?
- In person at Board of Selectmen’s Office (Town Hall, 3rd floor) 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
- You can call 781-431.1019 x2201 and it will be ready for pickup or
- Email email@example.com
You will need to provide the following information:
Yard Sale Date and Rain Date (optional)
Cost $5.00 (cash or check)
Yard Sales are subject to the following conditions:
- Not more than one such sale may be conducted per calendar year.
- All material available for the sale shall originate from the premises on which the sale takes place.
- No sign or advertising device shall be placed within any street right-of-way, including free standing signs, or any sign affixed to street signs, traffic and regulatory or warning signs or any utility poles within such right-of-way. No such sign or advertising device shall be placed on any public tree.
- Any authorized sign may be displayed on the premises for not more than five (5) days.
- No person customarily engaged in the business of conducting garage sales shall participate in any way in a garage sale directly or indirectly unless said garage sale is conducted on said person's own property and then, only providing none of the material is brought in from outside sources for purpose of resale.
- Such sale shall not exceed two (2) days' duration.