Pursuant to M.G.L. c.140 §§ 136A-174E and Town Bylaw Article 49, Animal Control Regulations, all dogs over 6 months old residing in Wellesley must be licensed by the Town Clerk. Any individual maintaining a kennel and/or seeking to obtain a kennel license in lieu of dog licenses should contact the Town's Animal Control Officer, Jennifer Smith, at email@example.com or via phone at 781-235-8460.
- New licenses are available each year from January 1st through March 31st.
- Licenses must be renewed annually from January 1st though March 31st to avoid a fine.
- Each dog requires a separate application.
Apply or Renew Dog License Online
All owners are encouraged to apply and/or renew dog licenses online through the ViewPoint Cloud system.
- Each licensed dog requires a separate application, however these should be submitted under a single ViewPoint Cloud household account.
- Payments can be made online with a credit card (with a small processing fee) or you can pay by cash or check made out to the Town of Wellesley and mailed to the Town Clerk's Office with a stamped self-addressed business envelope.
Apply or Renew Dog License by Mail or Drop Box
While we encourage applications to be submitted online, dog owners and keepers can still download a PDF version of the Mail-in Dog License Application Form. Please mail or deliver to the Payments and Elections Drop Box completed applications with a stamped self-addressed business envelope to:
525 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
Apply or Renew In-Person By Appointment
Please contact the office for an appointment by emailing DogLicensing@wellesleyma.gov or calling 781-431-1019, ext. 2252.
Fee Schedule - Effective July 1, 2023
|Neutered/Spayed Dog License||$15|
|Service Animals (as defined by ADA)||No Fee|