Mobile Movies 2020
Wellesley’s Recreation Department and Youth Commission are offering Mobile Movies in July and August 2020 to provide all residents with activities for a safe summer during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Beginning on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 and running through Monday, August 31, 2020 Wellesley families, teens and senior citizens can watch new releases and favorite classics from the safety of their cars in the Town-owned Tailby parking lot in Wellesley Square. The six-week outdoor movie series is a collaborative effort between local non-profits, businesses and Town of Wellesley departments.
Mobile Movie Nights are presented by the Kiwanis Club of Wellesley. Public performance licensing for the movies is sponsored by the Friends of the Wellesley Free Libraries. Blu Ray DVDs were purchased through the Wellesley Free Library Foundation Centennial Fund, and electricity for the Tailby parking lot is provided by the Wellesley Municipal Light Plant. Deland Gibson Insurance Associates, Inc. is sponsoring the movies more likely to appeal to teens.
Operations and staffing sponsorship is provided by a grant from the Community Fund for Wellesley COVID-19 Relief Fund, an endowed fund of the Foundation for MetroWest, a 501(c)3. Donations to the the Wellesley COVID-19 Relief Fund support a broad range of programs and initiatives that address unmet needs resulting from the ongoing Coronavirus crisis. Continued funding and support for remains critical. To donate to the Wellesley COVID-19 Relief Fund or learn more, visit: www.CFFW-COVID.org
Halloween Mobile Movie
|Monday, July 27||Knives Out - First Responders Night|
|Tuesday, July 28||Minions|
|Wednesday, July 29||Hunger Games|
|Tuesday, August 4||Trolls|
|Wednesday, August 5||Great Escape|
|Tuesday, August 11||Shrek|
|Wednesday, August 12||Jurassic Park|
|Tuesday, August 18||Missing Link|
|Wednesday, August 19||Harriet|
|Tuesday, August 25||Sing|
|Wednesday, August 26||Mean Girls|
Monday, August 31
Tuesday, October 27
Parking lot opens 5 pm
Movie starts 545-6pm
Parking lot opens 7:45 pm
Movie starts 8:30 pm
Hotel Transylvania: 5:45 - 6 pm start
The Ring: 8:30 pm start
(all start times approximate)
4 Important Details
- Mobile Movies are for Wellesley residents ONLY
- Movies are free but pre-registration is required (see below)
- Families may only reserve one Mobile Movie parking spot per week
- All movies will start at 8:45 PM; please arrive NO LATER THAN 8:15 PM to allow time to enter the parking lot
All moviegoers must review the Mobile Movie Rules & Guidelines.
Register for a Mobile Movie parking spot
Please follow these instructions to register to attend a Mobile Movie Night and reserve your parking spot.
- Reservations are for RESIDENTS ONLY
- Residents may only book five (5) days in advance
- The same family/individuals may only reserve a spot once every six (6) days. For example, if you attend a movie on July 28, the next movie you may sign up for will be on August 4.
- Reservations open at 10 AM on the Thursday (for Tuesday night movies) and on Fridays (for (Wednesday night movies)
- Log in with your existing username/password (we suggest using Google Chrome and not Safari as your browser)
- New accounts default to non-resident and must be verified by the Recreation Department. Email email@example.com when the account is created (create a new account before the five (5) day advance booking.
- Click on "Browse Facilities" and select the movie date you want to attend
- Click on "Location" and select Tailby Lot
- Click on "Show Search Criteria"
- Click on drop down menu "Blocks to Display" and select "24"
- Click on "Search" and select a Mobile Movie parking spot. PLEASE NOTE: reservation numbers do not correspond to specific parking spots. Spots will be assigned as you enter the Tailby lot.
- Follow prompts to "Checkout" and make a donation if you choose
- To confirm your reservation, log into your account, click "My Account" and click "Receipt Re-print"
Mobile Movie Wait-list:
To add yourself to the wait list, you will need to register with an activity number. Go to: www.wellesleyrec.org
Log into your account, click "Register," click "Browse Activities," then enter activity #455555 into “Activity Number Search."