Bus, Shuttle and Paratransit Services
Route 1 Fixed Route Bus
Fixed route bus service in Wellesley is provided by the MetroWest Regional Transit Authority (MWRTA) on the Route 1 bus. This bus operates as a commuter service along Route 9 (Worcester Street) between Framingham and the Woodland T station with three stops in Wellesley.
NEW SCHEDULE! Beginning Monday, September 25, 2023 revisions to the Route 1 bus schedule will improve service and frequency for Wellesley riders.
- A second bus during peak morning and evening commuter hours provides riders with additional frequency.
- Timing has been adjusted throughout the schedule to allow for more consistent spacing between runs.
- Service has been re-routed to add more stops in Wellesley with pick up and drop off locations at:
- Cross Street in Wellesley Square
- Babson College
- MassBay Community College
- MassBay Community College Shuttle provides service from Riverside T stop to MassBay Community College. This service is free to MassBay students. Riders who are not MassBay Bay students are charged a small fee that is payable by purchasing a "CatchCard" through the MWRTA Catch App, or riders can pay with exact cash. Learn more about MWRTA fares.
On return trips, the Route 1 bus will follow the reverse route from the Woodland T station through Wellesley. Click here for the new Route 1 bus map and schedule.
The MWRTA uses the "flag down" system - wave down a bus in transit along the route and the bus will stop as long as it is safe.
Boston Hospital Shuttle
The MetroWest Regional Transit Authority (MWRTA) provides a Boston Hospital Shuttle service to the West Roxbury and the Jamaica Plain V.A facilities, New England Baptist Hospital, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Beth Israel Hospital, Dana Farber Medical Center, Joslin Clinic, and New England Deaconess Hospital.
The Boston Hospital Shuttle operates Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM, and is open to anyone wishing to go to any of the listed hospitals. Wellesley residents have the option of being picked up and dropped off at their homes.
Boston Hospital Shuttle riders MUST fill out the registration form and set up a fare account, prior to using the service. Fares will be charged through a prepay debit system.
For questions regarding the Boston Hospital Shuttle, please contact MWRTA Central Reservations at 508-820-4650.
Disabled and Paratransit MetroWest Ride
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the MWRTA offers service to residents who are unable to independently access the fixedf route bus system, The MetroWest Ride is an origin-to-destination ride share service; trips are reserved through the MWRTA call center at (508) 820-4560.