Town of Wellesley GIS Data can be purchased at the Office of the Town Clerk. This data is intended for use by experienced GIS professionals and all use is subject to the Town of Wellesley's disclaimer for Geographic Information Systems:
The Town of Wellesley provides this data for your use as a resource for general information "as is." The data provided here are for illustration purposes only and are not suitable for site-specific decision making. Information found here should not be used for making financial or any other commitments. The Town of Wellesley provides this information with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct or complete, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy, correctness and timeliness of materials presented, the Town of Wellesley assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions, even if the Town of Wellesley is advised of the possibility of such damage. The data may have a number of errors, which may include, but are not limited to, the following types of errors:
• Spatial Errors: The areas depicted by these maps are approximate, and are not necessarily accurate to surveying or engineering standards. X/Y coordinates may be in error by several feet or more.
• Attribute Errors: Database information may be incorrect.
• Currency Errors: GIS data layers, databases and documents may not be the most current available. All data is subject to constant change. Data input lags real-world changes by varying periods of time.
• Completeness Errors: Data may be missing or data may be included that does not belong.
Currently, 2 data CDs are available:
- Planimetric CD ($50) - This CD provides many of the basemap layers that appear on IT - GIS Office map publications. Thematic data layers are provided in ESRI shapefile format for parcels, infrastructure, hydrology, topography, conservation / recreation, and zoning. All information is provided in the MA State Plane (mainland) coordinate system (NAD83, units = U.S. survey feet).
- Orthophoto CD ($50) - This CD provides color orthography of the Town in MrSID format. This digital imagery is the result of a flyover conducted in April of 2010. Pixel resolution is 1/4 of a foot or 3 inches.
Source Credit Information
When using Town of Wellesley GIS data on maps or in digital applications, source credit should be stated as "Town of Wellesley, MA - GIS Database."