Town Meeting and Special Town Meeting
On October 27, 2022, the Office of the Attorney General approved the 2022 Annual Town Meeting Article 40, Zoning Bylaw Amendments to establish regulations for Commercial Gun Shops.
On July 29, 2022, the Office of the Attorney General approved the 2022 Annual Town Meeting Articles, 32, 36, 38 and 39. Article 40 is pending.
- AG Decision July 29, 2022
- AG Extension for Review of Article 40
- Notice of Publication of Town Bylaw Amendments Article 32
- Notice of Publication of Zoning Bylaw Amendments Articles 36, 38.1, 38.3, 38.4 and 39
On June 30, 2022, the Office of the Attorney General approved the 2022 Annual Town Meeting Articles 9, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 37, 41, 42, and 43.
- AG Decision June 30, 2022
- Notice of Publication of Town Bylaw Amendments
- Notice of Publication of Zoning Bylaw Amendments
All approved Zoning Bylaw articles are effective as of the vote date pending claims of invalidity.
All approved Town Bylaw articles are effective as the date of the publication notice.
|AG Status||Vote Date||Article||Summary|
|Approved||3/29/2022||9||Revise Revolving Funds, set amounts for the year|
|Approved||4/5/2022||28||Amend Article 49 to Allow Service and Consumption of Alcohol on Sidewalks/Rights of Way in Commercial Districts|
|Approved||4/5/2022||29||Amend Climate Action Committee Staff Reporting Structure|
|Approved||3/28/2022||30||Amend Article 39 - Wellesley Housing Authority Board Composition|
|Approved||4/5/2022||31||Amend Article 52 - Fine for Instructors who use Town Resources for Private Gain|
|Approved||4/5/2022||33||Amend Flood Plain or Watershed Protection Districts|
|Approved||3/28/2022||34||Amend Definition of Child Care Facility|
|Approved||4/5/2022||35||Amend Definition and References to Town House|
|Approved||4/11/2022||37||Amend Zoning Map: 219 Washington and 229 Washington to General Residence|
|Approved||4/11/2022||41||Amend Outdoor Lighting Bylaw|
|Approved||3/28/2022||42||Amend Sign Bylaw|
|Approved||3/28/2022||43||Zoning Bylaw Reorganization|
|Approved||4/5/2022||32||Amend Article 19 - Select Board Administrative Actions|
|Approved||4/5/2022||36||Amend General Residence District|
|Approved||4/11/2022||38.1||Amend PSI, DRB, and Setbacks to add Sustainability Provisions|
|Approved||4/11/2022||38.3||Amend PSI, DRB, and Setbacks to add Sustainability Provisions - Design Review Standards|
|Approved||4/11/2022||38.4||Amend PSI, DRB, and Setbacks to add Sustainability Provisions - Heat Pumps|
|Approved||4/12/2022||39||Add New Accessory Dwelling Unit Provision|
|Approved||4/11/2022||40||Restrict Commercial Gun Shops|
Annual Town Meeting
Wellesley's 2022 Annual Town Meeting took place March 28 and 29, April 4 5, 11, 12 and April 25 via the Zoom videoconferencing platform. See the 2022 Annual Town Meeting Update and Results webpage for more information.
A Special Town Meeting was held within the 2022 Annual Town Meeting April 11, 2022. See the Special Town Meeting webpage for more information.
If additional Special Town Meetings are required, these dates will be determined by the Select Board. Notifications are posted at Town Hall, at the Wellesley Police Department, and on the Town of Wellesley website.
Annual Town Meeting Materials
- Moderator certification for 2022 Remote Annual Town Meeting
- Notice of Remote 2022 Annual Town Meeting (signed and stamped)
- 2022 Annual Town Meeting warrant
- 2022 ATM Advisory Chair Letter to the Town
- 2022 ATM Advisory Report
- 2022 ATM Motions as of 3/16/2022
- 2022 ATM Memorial Resolutions
- Proposed Amendments to Town/General Bylaws
- ATM Article 28: Allow Service and Consumption of Alcohol on Sidewalks/Commercial Rights of Way (redline)
- ATM Article 29: Climate Action Committee Reporting Structure (redine)
- ATM Article 30: Wellesley Housing Authority Board Composition (redline)
- ATM Article 31: Fines for Instructors Using Town Resources for Private Gain (redline)
- ATM Article 32: Update Select Board Administrative Actions (redline)
- Proposed Amendments to Zoning Bylaws (redlines)