- Departments O-R
- Public Works
- Divisions & Programs
- Recycling & Disposal Facility
Recycling & Disposal Facility (RDF)
RDF Spring Updates
The Wellesley Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDF) will resume Sunday hours beginning on Sunday, April 2. Sunday hours are 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and will continue through late fall.
- Paint Collection will take place on the first Thursday of every month from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Click here for the schedule. Collection will continue on the first Thursday of every month through October 2023.
- Hazardous Household Waste & Document Destruction Day is scheduled for Sunday, June 4 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Safely dispose of hazardous household waste (fertilizer, pesticides, etc.) and bring sensitive documents and paperwork to be securely shredded.
- Reusables Area is now open on Wednesdays - Saturdays. This area closes 30 minutes prior to the closing of the facility on those days. Volunteers are needed for the Reusables Area! Please contact the Wellesley Friends of Recycling (FOR) for volunteer information.
RDF Summer Interns Wanted
Work at the RDF this summer! The RDF is hiring young adults (18+) for paid summer internship positions. Responsibilities are varied and no prior experience is necessary; hours are flexible based on the specific duties.
Please email RDF Business Manager MaryRuth Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
New Waste Ban in Effect November 1, 2022 Textiles & Mattresses added to MassDEP list
Nearly 100% of donated textiles are reused or recycled and are now prohibited from trash disposal. Mattresses, old T-shirts and socks, footwear, curtains, sheets and stuffed animals. All of these items, and more, can be dropped off at the Wellesley Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDF) giving them a second life and keeping them out of landfills. Use the RDF's donation containers or contact Big Brother Big Sister to schedule a pickup. Keep these items out of the trash and thank you for recycling!
New RDF App and Widget!
Wondering if an item can be recycled at the RDF and where it should go? Planning for the next Shredding Day or facility closure? Use the new RDF widget below or download the App to your smart device and StepUp! your recycling efforts. Click here to learn more.
Click here to apply for an RDF Permit or Waiver
Click the image above for a pdf of the RDF's Recycling Guide
- New Year's Eve/Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Patriot's Day @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Indigenous Peoples Day
- Veteran's Day
- Christmas Eve/Day @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>