Water & Sewer Division
- Flushing wipes, paper towels and similar products down toilets will clog sewers, cause backups and overflows with internal plumbing and within the Town system. Read this article from the Boston Globe (March 25, 2020). Even wipes labeled as "flushable" will clog pipes and interfere with the sewer collection system and pumps. Please dispose of these items in the trash.
- The sewer "safety rodding" program is currently suspended until further notice.
Leaking Water Meter: If you are experiencing valve or water meter leakage in a basement, please call the Water Division at 781-235-7600 ext. 3355. We are evaluating these issues on a case-by-case basis and will advise homeowners.
WATER METER UPGRADE PROGRAM IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19
The Water and Sewer Division is currently upgrading Wellesley’s water metering system. This 18-month long project is necessary but involves no additional charge to residents.
The Water and Sewer Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Town's water and sanitary sewer systems, thereby providing for the health and well-being of the public. It is organized into two programs, which are funded entirely by the water and sewer rate payers.
- Wellesley DPW Consumer Rpt 2018
- Commercial and Municipal Water and Sewer Rates (PDF)
- Cross Connection Approval
- Residential Water Sewer Rates 2018
- Sewer Service Connection Procedures and Specifications Rev Feb 2013 (PDF)
- Water Rules and Regulations May 2012 (PDF)
- Water Sewer Rates for Construction Services (PDF)