Safely dispose of sensitive documents at the Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDF) on Sunday, September 12.
The fall document destruction event will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and is open to Wellesley residents only.
All participants must follow specific procedures:
- Vehicles must have a valid RDF sticker, or be driven by a Wellesley resident.
- All occupants of the vehicle must remain in the vehicle at all times.
- Documents must be clearly marked or distinguished (in a brown paper bag or disposable cardboard box) in the TRUNK of the vehicle. No documents will be taken from the passenger seat, middle seats, or rear seats. Documents may be placed in the bed of a pickup, in a trailer, or in the very back section of a van.
- Residents can bring any documents they would like to have destroyed. NO binders, plastic folders or metal can go through the shredding machine.
- Documents will be moved by RDF staff and/or staff of the shredding company.
- Documents are securely destroyed on-site in a mobile shredding truck. Please note: residents can NOT bring home material after it is shredded.
If you are not able to meet ALL of these procedures, please hold onto your documents until the next event.