Residents who may be eligible for COVID-19 booster shots should contact their health care providers.
The Wellesley Health Department is currently not offering COVID-19 shots.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has recommended that certain groups may benefit from a third dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. These groups include:
- Individuals who are immunocompromised
- People 65 years and older
- Residents of long term care facilities
- People aged 50-64 with underlying medical conditions
- People aged 18-49 with underlying medical conditions
- People aged 18-64 who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure or transmission because of jobs or institutional settings
These eligible groups may be expanded as more data on protection from the vaccine becomes available.
Visit the Massachusetts COVID-19 vaccine webpages to learn more.