Learn about the Municipal Opt-in Specialized Energy Code (Opt-in Code) and what it could mean for new buildings in Wellesley.
The Select Board and Climate Action Committee are co-sponsoring an article at Annual Town Meeting proposing the adoption of the Opt-in Code.
On Wednesday, March 8 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. attend a FREE Zoom webinar featuring a presentation about the Opt-in Code and a roundtable discussion with building and sustainability experts. Panelists include:
- Tom Catalano, AIA, Principal, Catalano Architects
- Mark Doughty, Principal, Thoughtforms
- Nick Falkoff, Owner and General Manager, Auburndale Builders
- Allen Hebert, Operations Manager, Facilities Management Department, Town of Wellesley
- Hank Keating, AIA, President, Passive House Massachusetts
- Marybeth Martello, Sustainability Director, Town of Wellesley
- Ellen Watts, FAIA, LEED AP
Discussion topics include:
- Opt-in requirements for new residential and commercial construction
- Technical viability and cost-effectiveness
- Affordable housing
- Wellesley’s climate goals
There is still space available in the webinar. Sign up in advance using the webinar registration link.
Visit the Climate Action Committee webpages to learn more about the Opt-in Code.