Work to improve Wellesley roads continues on Friday, July 31 through Friday, August 7.
Department of Public Works crews will be paving a number of streets in the area. Drivers should expect some detours. The days, times, and locations are:
- Friday, July 31 beginning at 7 a.m. - College Road, Bacon Street, Martin Road
- Sunday, August 2 from 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m (OVERNIGHT) - Wellesley Avenue from Needham to Wellesley Country Club
- Monday, August 3 from 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (OVERNIGHT) - Oakland Street from Route 9 to Brookside Road
- Wednesday, August 5 beginning at 7 a.m. - Benvenue Road, Juniper Road
- Thursday, August 6 beginning at 7 a.m. - Fuller Brook Road, Wildon Road
- Friday, August 7 beginning at 7 a.m. - Wachusett Road, Monadnock Road, Pierce Road
Wellesley Police Department officers will be onsite to direct drivers.
Please email the Department of Public Works with any questions or call 781-235-7600 ext. 3325.
Also, from Friday, July 31 through Sunday, August 2, contractors for the MBTA will be drilling micro-piles for the foundation of the new Bacon Street Bridge.
During the three days, work will begin at 5 a.m. and continue through 11 p.m.
The work will take place during a previously planned MBTA service outage for the Framingham/Worcester commuter rail line.
There will be no impacts to cars, bicycle or pedestrian access in the area as the work will take place within the railroad right-of-way.
For more information on the Bacon Street Bridge project, visit the MBTA website or email BaconStBridge@mbta.com or call the 24-hour hotline at 617-571-7878.