At its October 13, 2020 meeting, School Committee:
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the October 13, 2020 School Committee Meeting. Please click here to watch the meeting on Wellesley Media. Please click here to sign up for upcoming School Committee Office Hours (10/22/20) Upcoming Meetings:10/20/20 - School Committee Meeting - 5:15pm - Remote Online11/10/20 - School Committee Meeting - 6:30pm - Remote Online
- Discussed revisions to the homeschooling policy and deferred vote to next meeting
- Provided an update on the Hunnewell project.
- Voted 4-0 to support the recommendation of the SBC of new construction option 7B at the center of the Hardy site as the preferred schematic option.
- Voted unanimously to approve motion language for two Special Town Meeting articles
- Special Town Meeting #1 - Article 2 motion 1 for a request of $12,765,059 for the Middle School Building Systems.
- Special Town Meeting #2 - Article 8 Motion 1 for a request of $1,026,000 for the Sprague Chiller.
- Provided an update on school reopening including:
- Metrics used to guide reopening efforts.
- Prioritization of students who attend in person four days a week.
- Surveillance viral testing of staff and possibly WMS & WHS students.
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships