At the September 6, 2022 School Committee meeting:
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the September 6, 2022 School Committee Meeting. Please click here to watch the meeting on Wellesley Media. Upcoming Meetings:9/13/22 - School Committee Meeting - 6:30 pm - Juliani Room, Town Hall9/27/22 - School Committee Meeting - 6:30 pm - Remote Online
- The Committee approved Star Academy adding a 9th grade to their school in Wellesley.
- Dr. Lussier and Ms. Mahr provided an Opening of School Report, including updates on COVID protocols and current enrollment numbers.
- The Committee heard updates on Hunnewell and Hardy building projects as well as the completed Middle School paving project.
- The Committee discussed efforts to improve communication and public engagement to include partnering with an outside public engagement communications firm as well as internally hiring a Coordinator for Community Engagement and a School Records Access Officer. In addition, WPS will be seeking community input via focus groups and surveys to develop the new strategic plan.
- Ms. Eizenberg explained that the first School Committee meeting of each month will be held in person with an option to participate remotely while the rest will remain remote only. The September 13 meeting will be in person in the Juliani Room at Town Hall.
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships