At its October 10, 2017 meeting, School Committee:
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the October 10, 2017 School Committee Meeting.
- In conjunction with the Board of Selectmen, heard a presentation from the Sustainable Energy Committee relative to its Green Communities Application.
- Voted to approve the Town of Wellesley’s Energy Reduction Plan and Fuel Efficient Vehicle Policy Plan as presented.
- Received an update from Assistant Executive Director Meghan Jop on 40B housing proposals and their impact on ongoing planning for HHU.
- Discussed communication strategies to help the community navigate through HHU and 40B issues.
- Heard an update on Challenge Success and planning for Final Exams from WHS Principal Jamie Chisum and Assistant Principal Marc Bender.
- Received a report from Assistant Superintendent Judy Belliveau on the FY17 end-of-year fiscal status.
- Discussed FY19 budget guidelines.
- Voted to appoint Michael D’Ortenzio, Jr. as the Committee’s representative on the MASC Annual Meeting Delegation.
Upcoming Meetings:October 24, 2017
–SC Meeting – Town Hall, 6:30 pmNovember 9, 2017
–SC Office Hours–Town Hall, 1– 2 pmNovember 15, 2017
– SC Meeting – Town Hall, 4 pmNovember 28, 2017
– SC Meeting – Town Hall, 6:30 pm
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships