At its April 4, 2018 meeting, School Committee:
- Was provided a mid-year review of the WPS 2017-18 goals.
- Discussed the proposed acquisition of properties abutting the Hardy School, and expressed its support of this proposal.
- Was provided an update of the School Building Committee’s work on the Hardy, Hunnewell and Upham projects.
- Voted to approve Policy BBA (School Committee Powers and Duties), and Section E (Support Services). Action was deferred on Policy BHE (Use of Electronic Messaging by School Committee).
- Reviewed proposed revisions to Section F (Facilities Development), Section G (Personnel), and Policy ADC (Smoking and Tobacco Use in School Premises).
- Was provided the second quarterly financial report for FY18.
- Voted to authorize payment from the Special Education Stabilization Fund of invoices for the District’s Medicaid filings for FY18.
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the April 4, 2018 School Committee Meeting.
April 12, 2018 – Office Hours – Arnold Room, Main Library, 7:00 pm
April 24, 2018 – SC Meeting – Town Hall, 6:30 pm
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships