At its June 19, 2018 meeting, School Committee:
- Received an update on the work of the Athletic Advisory Committee.
- Received an update on the FY18 Budget closeout.
- Heard the results of the Student Activity Accounts review.
- Voted the following revised policies:
AC – Nondiscrimination
BBA – School Committee Powers and Duties
BHE – Use of Electronic Messaging by School Committee Members
EBAB – Pest Management Policy
EC – Buildings and Grounds Management
EEAJ – Motor Vehicle Idling on School Grounds
GBGE – Domestic Violence Leave Policy
GBA – Equal Employment Opportunity
JB – Equal Educational Opportunities
JFBB – School Choice
JJH – Student Travel
JJH-R – Student Travel Regulations
Section H – Negotiations
Section I – Instruction
- Discussed the Superintendent’s evaluation and voted a merit increase.
- Approved the Superintendent’s request to carry over vacation days.
- Received an update on SBC work relative to the Hunnewell project, and an update on the next set of information requested by the MSBA.
- Reviewed member assignments for the coming year.
- Voted to reorganize as follows: Matt Kelley, Chair; Melissa Martin, Vice Chair; and Linda Chow, Secretary.
- Recognized Michael D’Ortenzio, Jr., for his service as Chair of the School Committee for the past year.
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the June 19, 2018 School Committee Meeting.
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships