At its June 18, 2019 meeting, School Committee:
- Introduced new WPS Administrators: Leigh Petrowsky (Sprague Principal); Toni Carlson (PreK-12 Libraries and Innovation Director); and Anne Beauchamp (Coordinator for Curriculum, Assessment and Accountability).
- Discussed various options for the Sprague Field Lacrosse Practice Wall.
- Received an update on the FY19 Budget.
- Voted a salary increase for non-Union employees for FY20.
- Voted to approve the following union contracts: Wellesley Teachers’ Association Units A and B; and the Wellesley Education Professional Support Association Units A and B.
- Discussed and approved the Superintendent’s evaluation and Merit pay increase.
- Approved the Superintendent’s request for vacation carryover.
- Reviewed Executive Session Minutes for possible release.
- Received an update on the Hardy/Upham and Hunnewell Facilities Projects.
- Voted to approve the School Building Committee’s recommendation for a new school building at Hunnewell.
- Voted to approve the appointment of Mary Gard to the School Building Committee.
- Voted to appoint Cindy Mahr, Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Operations, as the School Committee’s representative to the Sustainable Energy Committee.
- Voted to appoint Linda Chow as the School Committee’s representative to the Playing Fields Task Force.
- Accepted Matt Kelley’s resignation from the School Building Committee and voted to appoint Melissa Martin as the Committee’s second representative to the School Building Committee.
- Voted to reorganize as follows: Melissa Martin, Chair; Linda Chow, Vice Chair; and Matt Kelley, Secretary.
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the June 18, 2019 School Committee Meeting.
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships