At its September 3, 2019 meeting, School Committee:
- Introduced Dr. Charmie Curry, the new Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, who will be starting at WPS on September 16, 2019.
- Heard an update on SY19-20 enrollment and elementary placements.
- Heard an update on HHU and plans for outreach to elementary schools. See outreach schedule below:
Sept. 5, 2019 Sprague School Library 7:30 pm
Sept. 9, 2019 Hunnewell School Library 6:30 pm
Sept. 10, 2019 Bates School Library 6:30 pm
Sept. 12, 2019 Fiske School Library 6:00 pm
Sept. 16, 2019 Schofield School Library 7:30 pm
Sept. 23, 2019 Hardy School Library 6:30 pm
Sept. 24, 2019 Upham School Library 6:30 pm
- Voted to appoint Sharon Gray as the Committee’s liaison to the PBC for the Hunnewell project.
- Discussed proposed approaches for redistricting.
- Voted to approve the Wellesley Teachers’ Association Unit C Contract.
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the September 3, 2019 School Committee Meeting.
9/17/19 - SC Meeting - Juliani Rm - 6:30 pm
9/19/19 - SC Office Hours - Council on Aging - 9-10 am
10/1//19 - SC Meeting - Juliani Rm - 6:30 pm
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships