At its October 8, 2019 meeting, School Committee:
- Voted to accept the Hunnewell Feasibility Study which includes the feasibility study results previously accepted by the Committee on August 6, 2019 and the internal swing space option. The vote was 4 in favor; 1 opposed.
- Voted to request that the Board of Selectmen call a Special Town Meeting in the fall of 2019 to request design, permitting and bidding funds for the Hunnewell School Project. The vote was 4 in favor; 1 opposed.
- Voted to authorize the release of the Redistricting Consultant Request for Proposals as presented and to accept the selection group as voted by the School Building Committee on October 3, 2019. The vote was 4 in favor; 1 opposed.
- Voted to accept the WMS Building Systems Project schematic design for the case work and art rooms as presented.
- Was presented the FY19 final WPS budget closeout position.
- Was presented the FY20 Adjusted Budget and voted to receive the adjusted budget and approve the related transfers.
- Received a brief update on the Hunnewell and Hardy/Upham Projects.
- Deferred discussion on FY21 Budget Guidelines.
Please click here to access documents and presentations from the October 8, 2019 School Committee Meeting.
10/15/19 - School Committee Meeting - Town Hall, 5 - 7pm
10/15/19 - Hardy/Upham Comm. Forum-WMS Auditorium, 7:30pm
10/17/19 - LWV Meet the Boards Night - WHS Cafeteria - 7:00pm
10/29/19 - School Committee Meeting - PoliceStation - 6:30pm
11/12/19 - School Committee Meeting - Town Hall, 6:30pm
Wellesley Public Schools
Learning • Caring • Innovating
Academic Excellence • Commitment to Community • Respect for Human Differences • Cooperative and Caring Relationships