The Select Board will hold a hearing on Monday, November 15 at 6 p.m. on Zoom to consider proposed amendments to the Rules and Regulations Governing Alcoholic Beverages.
The public is invited to attend and give feedback.
The meeting will be live streamed on Wellesley Public Media and broadcast on Comcast channel 8 and Verizon channel 40. The meeting agenda is available here.
Residents who would like to participate in the public hearing should email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting and a number will be assigned for speakers. Participants will call into a conference line at 1-781-489-7525, and wait for the announcement of their assigned number to speak.
Individuals wishing to participate who have not received a number shall be asked at the end of the agenda item if they would like to speak before the Board moves on to the next agenda item.
A copy of the proposed modifications to the regulations can be found on the Town of Wellesley website under Policies and Regulations. The proposed revisions and policy decisions under consideration include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consolidating the Select Board’s policy governing on-premises establishments and its policy governing off-premises establishments into one single policy document to eliminate any conflicting requirements
- Eliminating the background information about the history of licensing in Wellesley
- Reorganizing the sections to address the various stages of the licensing and operating process
- Clarifying alcohol serving and handling training requirements
- Updating policies pertaining to assistant managers, including CORI rules
- Updating policies pertaining to licensed managers, including the obligation to be on the premises 50% of the time the licensed premises is open
- Outlining the violation policy
- Revising the Intent to Dine provision (define “food service” and/or “full meal”)
- Revising the 10% Bar Seating Cap
- Clarifying the scope of permitted bar service
- Amending time requirement for cancellation of a license for non-use
- Establishing a BYOB license
If you cannot attend the public hearing but would like to offer comments, please call (781) 431-1019 ext. 2205 or email email@example.com.