The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) is seeking feedback on proposed fare changes that will impact riders.
These changes will expand offerings for reduced fare riders and simplify tariff rules. They include;
- Permanent 5-day FlexPasses on Commuter Rails
- Lower pricing for 1-day LinkPasses
- A new 7-day LinkPass for reduced fare riders
- Expanding reduced fare monthly passes to all modes of transportation
- Second transfers on bus and subway and transfers between Express Buses
If approved, these changes will go into effect by July 1, 2022.
Riders are invited to learn more about these changes and give feedback at two upcoming virtual public hearings on February 10 and February 17. Both hearings will begin at 6:00 p.m. Sign up in advance to receive the Zoom meeting link.
Public comments may also be submitting in writing until March 3, 2022 to email@example.com