The Wellesley Department of Public Works, Fire Department, and Police Department are urging residents to be ready and stay safe during the upcoming winter blizzard.
The predicted storm is expected to bring extremely high amounts of snow, whiteout conditions, and damaging high winds with the potential for power outages.
The DPW and Wellesley Municipal Light Plant have increased staffing and are well prepared. All crews will be working closely with our Fire and Police Departments to respond to any emergencies that may arise.
Important information for all residents:
- PLEASE! Stay home and off the roads during the storm. Clean up is expected to be considerable and will take time; crews clean main roadways first, followed by residential streets and sidewalks.
- Reschedule trips to the RDF. Hours for Saturday are questionable and RDF staff is unable to assist drivers who may be stuck in snow. PLEASE NOTE: If a State of Emergency is declared, the RDF will close.
- Clear snow from fire hydrants in your neighborhood. Visit our Adopt a Fire Hydrant map for locations near your home.
- Wear bright, reflective clothing when shoveling and plowing sidewalks and driveways and when near roadways. Visibility is expected to be very poor, making it difficult for snowplow drivers to see pedestrians.
- Check on elderly neighbors and friends.
- Be cautious when shoveling snow. Take breaks and stop if you begin to feel unwell; call 9-1-1 if symptoms do not resolve quickly.
- Wellesley Free Library is CLOSED on Saturday (Sunday hours are TBD)
- Wellesley Recreation Department weekend classes are CANCELLED
- Wellesley Public Schools weekend activities are CANCELLED
- DPW Hotline for Highway, Park & Tree, Water & Sewer, 781-235-7600 x3322
- WMLP Report a Power Outage, 781-235-7600 x3390
- Fire Department, 781-235-1300 or 9-1-1
- Police Department, 781-235-1212 or 9-1-1
Storm updates will be regularly posted on the Town Twitter feeds @TownOfWellesley, @WellesleyDPW, and @WellesleyPolice. Follow us!
Please be careful and stay safe in the storm.