Safely destroy sensitive papers and documents at the Recycling and Disposal Facility (RDF) fall shredding event on Sunday, October 2.
Shredding will be offered during the regular Sunday hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents who have material to be shredded should follow these procedures:
- The vehicle must have a valid RDF sticker, or be driven by a Wellesley resident.
- Occupants of the vehicle should stay in the car.
- Documents to be shredded must be clearly marked or distinguished (in a brown paper bag or disposable cardboard box) and placed in the trunk of the car, if possible. Documents may also be placed in the bed of a pickup, in a trailer, or in the rear most section of a van.
- Residents can bring in any documents they would like to have destroyed. NO binders, plastic folders or metal can go through the shredding machine.
- The documents will be removed by RDF staff and/or staff of the shredding company.
- Documents are securely destroyed on-site in a mobile shredding truck. Please note: residents can NOT bring home the material after it is shredded.
Thank you for your cooperation.