The Zoning Board of Appeals is seeking applicants for an associate board member volunteer position.
The vacancy is due to the departure of long-time ZBA board member and past chairman Dick Seegel, who stepped down in June after more than 20 years.
The ZBA is a quasi-judicial board that interprets and enforces the Town’s Zoning Bylaw. On a case by case basis the Board has the power to hear and decide on petitions for:
- Appeals from the decisions of the Inspector of Buildings
- Comprehensive Permits under Chapter 40B of the General Laws of the Commonwealth
- Site Plan Approval under Section 16A for Site Plan Approvals
- Special Permits as allowed under the Zoning Bylaw
- Variances from the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw
The Board is comprised of three regular members and three associate members, all appointed for three year terms by the Board of Selectmen. Members are assisted in their work by the Executive Secretary and Technical Administrator.
A complete description of the position and responsibilities is available here. Licensed attorneys would be preferred candidates.
Interested applicants should send an email expressing their interest and a resume, if available, to firstname.lastname@example.org