Active Recreation Areas
Park & Tree Division maintains active play areas, school grounds and recreation facilities throughout the Town. There are 255 acres of active recreation areas included in the following sites:
• 10 School Properties (Bates School, Fiske School, Hardy School, Hunnewell School, P.A.W.S. School, Schofield School, Sprague School, Upham School, Middle School and High School)
• 8 Recreational Parks (Brown Park, Hunnewell Field Complex, Kelly Field, Morses Pond Beach, Perrin Park, Phillips Park, Ouellet Park, Warren Park.
The facilities found on the 255 acres of active recreation areas include:
- 16 - Playground Areas
- 3 - Picnic Shelters
- 1 - Fishing and Boating Dock
- 1 - Lakeside Beach Area
- 1 - Sand Volleyball Court
- 1 - Track and Synthetic Field Stadium (Hunnewell Complex)
- 2 - Synthetic Turf Fields (Sprague School)
- 1 - Lighted Multipurpose / Softball Field (Hunnewell Complex / Warren Field)
- 1 - Lighted Little League (Hunnewell Complex / Reidy Field)
- 4 - Baseball Fields
- 4 - Softball Fields
- 9 - Little League Fields
- 5 - T-Ball Fields
- 5 - Natural Grass Regulation Soccer or Lacrosse Fields and 5 Youth Soccer Fields
- 7 – Half Court Basketball Courts
- 8 – Full Court Basketball Courts
- 1 – Multipurpose Basketball / Pickle Ball Courts (Perrin Park)
- 3 – Multipurpose Tennis / Pickle Ball Court (Sprague & Schofield Fields)
- 4 – Tennis Courts (Sprague & Schofield Fields)
- 2 - Lighted Full Court Basketball Courts (Hunnewell Field)
- 8 – Lighted Tennis Courts (Hunnewell Field)
The Wellesley Department of Public Works in cooperation with the Action Climate Committee and the Natural Resource Commission has placed out New Plastic Bottle and Aluminum Can Recycling Receptacles throughout 26 location in the Town’s Athletic Fields and Playgrounds.
Help Keep Wellesley Clean and Green by using these receptacles!
PLEASE REMBER TO:
- Pour out all liquids in your container before disposing.
- NO PLASTIC CUPS – In Plastic Bottle Only receptacle.
- Aluminum Cans Only – In Cans Only receptacle.
When these recyclable containers are contaminated with other waste, a revenue generating material now becomes a trash cost to the Town.
Visitors are strongly encourage to carry out waste whenever possible to more effectively take home and recycle properly.
Organize groups and /or gatherings should always carry out waste as required in their permits.
For further information or feedback on this program please feel free to e-mail the department at firstname.lastname@example.org