- Departments A-F
- Home Sale Inspections
Home Sale Inspections
CO and Smoke Appointments
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector 26f Inspection Appointments
All appointments should be made at least 10 business days prior to the closing. Don't wait until the last minute as smoke certificates are good for 60 days. To schedule an appointment, you or your agent may click on the below link:
**Please note: Smoke/CO 26f inspection appointments will no longer be scheduled over the phone!
After your application is submitted, a fire department member will reach out either by e-mail or phone within 2-5 business days
Hours of inspection are between 9:30am – 11:30am (on the half hour) Monday-Thursday and are made on a first-come, first serve basis.
The cost of the inspection is as follows:
One family $50
Two Family $100
Three to Five Family $150
Six Families and above $500
Payment can now be made via credit card after a date/time has been scheduled.
*Payment can also be made by Personal Check or Bank Check (made out to Town of Wellesley) at the time of the inspection.
Prior to the arrival of the Fire Department Inspector:
- Make sure that your posted street number is visible from the street (MGL c.148 59)
- Make sure that you have the proper type of alarms
- The inspector may require that they be taken down for compliance verification
- Make sure that all alarms are installed in the proper locations.
- Make sure that all alarms are working properly.
- After passing the inspection, the fire department will issue your 26f Certificate of Compliance.
- Make sure all alarms have not expired/ (10 years for smoke alarms - 7 years for CO detectors)
- If you have a low voltage monitored system, please make sure the system is in test mode prior to the inspection. Someone with working knowledge of keypad must be present with the code during the inspection.
Please review the following document regarding smoke and carbon monoxide requirements: